I have this nagging awareness in my head that I say "no" so much more than I should. My first instinct in any situation is to sit quietly.
To do whatever I can to make everyone around me sits just as quietly.
While we were at Paseo, listening to a folksinger lady in the courtyard of this incredibly warm, clear, night, Abby asked me to dance.
I suppose part of my issue was the crowd that was waiting for the singer to take her next set. Part of it was that it was just a CD at the time, while the performer took a break. It just felt like the appropriate answer, was, of course: No, honey.
And then I heard myself and saw the sincerity in Abby's eyes and wondered why it was a 'no.' Was I really afraid? Self - conscious? Just a bit tired since sleep has stalled again on all fronts?
Whatever my issue was, was it so important that I should reject my baby's request to dance?
No, of course it isn't.
There are moments when all the magic just
Thanks to Gramma for playing with my camera with the flash so as not to disturb the moment.
No comments:
Post a Comment