So one of you dear people (I think the Lambs?) gave me this book when Abby was a baby - possibly even for her baby shower. It's a great book. I cannot tell you how much enjoyment has been had over the years for Abby and I.
I look forward to it bringing joy to Jack now for years to come.
Here's what else it does.
IT DRIVES ME INSANE
There are five pages: pigs, horses, cows, chickens and sheep. For each scene there are "interactive" or "multimedia" elements to the pages: hair for the horse, shiny bell for the cow, that sort of thing. Each scene has THREE of these elements....
The pig has: a piece of plywood for the fence, a velcro like fabric for the pig's skin, and a sticky thing for mud.
The horse has: hair for the horse's main, a shiny pail, and burlap for the hay
The chickens have: feathers for the chicken, bumpy stuff for the corn, and smooth paper for the egg.
The sheep have: soft wooly fabric for the sheepskin, plastic for the water, and soft silky material for a flower.
The cows have: soft fuzzy fabric for the cow hide, a shiny bell around the cow's neck, and... and...
AND...
NOTHING
EVERY OTHER SCENE HAS THREE WHY NOT THIS ONE?
WHY??!! I ask you WHY?
At first I thought it was random, I didn't notice, for example, the wood fence in the pig section so I thought, "Oh, well, some have three, some have two."
But that ain't it people. There are THREE elements on EVERY other page.
I keep thinking, maybe I'm missing it. Maybe this time there will be three for each scene. Maybe this time there will be harmony in the world. Maybe this time I won't put the book down with a twitch under my eye. Maybe it was a manufacturer's mistake in my one copy. Maybe there is meaning to this. Maybe I can sleep at night...
But no...
It drives me...
BATTY.
6 comments:
Heh :) I never noticed that, actually. But *now* I will and will probably join you in anxiety whenever we read our copy. Curse you!
Welcome to my world, the Land of the Crazy. You are my peeps.
We'll bring you some hay.
I'm not crazy! They're crazy! What sort of people DO this?!
Hay is for horses... I need something for the cow section ;) ;) ;)
Thank you for yet another example of how your blogs never fail to make me feel completely well-adjusted and unneurotic.
it's a false sense of security dave... false...
Post a Comment