Tuesday, February 12, 2008

Abby renders me Speechless...


Abby and Claire's grandparents respectively bought them matching shirts on their vacation to Maui. Claire's Mom and I planned a day they (the kids, not the grandparents) would both wear their shirts to take a picture at school. That was today. Here are the pictures.



Cute, huh? Yup, I agree.

But that is not what I am blogging about. Several hours later I got the funniest email of my life from Nancy (Claire's mom). It was one line:

Did Abby come home in Claire's pants? Cuz I'm pretty sure Claire is in Abby's. . .

Abby denies all knowledge of this swap, though a glance at her brown pants confirms that they are in fact Claire's. How this swap took place, perhaps no one will ever know. It could have been a mix-up by a parent if... for example... all the kids had their pants off it would be difficult to tell which were which between these two brown pants. Perhaps it was just a funny joke between the girls... in fact, perhaps this is the moment they thought up the idea:


p.s. Nancy and I did not even plan on the matching brown pants - we hadn't discussed accessories!


Mystery explained... or is it?:
"According to my daughter, it was a dress up day. So OOPS they didn't get into their own pants when they got dressed (I'm assuming). . . the funny thing was that Claire had no idea that they weren't hers! I think she likes Abby's better because they have sparkles. . . :)"



1 comment:

Creative Mama said...

sooo sweet and darling... I can't wait for Caiah to get his pants mixed up... ;)